Tue, 06 Sept|
Construction Operatives Safety Training
This course is designed for learners who work in the construction industry.
Time & Location
06 Sept 2022, 09:00 – 16:00 WAT
Lagos, 11 Eng. Toriola Oyetunji Street, Destiny Homes Estate, Abijo off Lekki Epe Exp, Ibeju-Lekki 105101, Lagos, Nigeria
About the event
This course is designed for learners who work in the construction industry. This qualiﬁcation includes training in areas such as: working at height, excavations, ﬁre safety, welfare facilities, conﬁned spaces, personal protective equipment (PPE) and ﬁrst aid requirements.
PRE-COURSE REQUIREMENTS & TARGET GROUP
This qualiﬁcation has been developed for individuals who work in the construction industry. It is suitable for construction workers and labourers on site.
The course is 1 day, (9:00 am – 4:00 pm) with a class size of 25.
MODE OF DELIVERY
Each trainee will be issued with a comprehensive training manual;
- Practical hands-on sessions
- Classroom Presentation - using PowerPoint and Visual Aids
- Use of audio/videos to demonstrate current industry practices
- One-to-one instruction and team-building exercises in groups
- Discussion and feedback from participants during each topic forms an important element of the learning process
On successful completion of this course each trainee will be able to do the following:
- State the role and responsibilities of a site operative
- Identify basic on-site welfare and ﬁrst aid requirements
- State the safety procedures in the event of a ﬁre
- state how to use a ladder safely
- Identify what personal protective equipment is required on-site and who is responsible for this
- Identify the importance of correct and safe manual handling
- Identify an operative's responsibilities when working at height (including the safe use of scaffolding and fall protection equipment)
- State what safety principles need to be followed when using hazardous substances
- Identify the requirements when working in conﬁned spaces and excavations, noisy environments
This course is assessed through a multiple-choice examination, as well as a competency-based practical examination.
On successful completion of this course, learners will receive a certiﬁcate awarded by CPD Certification Service, a globally recognised UK accrediting body.