Tue, 06 Sept|
Electrical Safety: Lock Out Tag Out
Learn to apply electrical safety using a Lock Out & Tag Out device
Time & Location
06 Sept 2022, 08:00 – 18:00
Lagos, 11 Eng. Toriola Oyetunji Street, Destiny Homes Estate, Abijo off Lekki Epe Exp, Ibeju-Lekki 105101, Lagos, Nigeria
About the event
This course is designed for maintenance staff and facilities management personnel who have responsibility for the electrical and air-conditioning maintenance and services of commercial, residential and places of work. It is designed to instruct a competent person on how best to apply electrical safety using a Lock Out & Tag Out device when carrying out maintenance or fault finding on an electrical circuit.
PRE-COURSE REQUIREMENTS & TARGET GROUP
Suitable for technicians, maintenance staff and facility managers who are responsible for maintenance services in all types of residential, industrial and commercial buildings.
The course is 1 day, (8:00am – 5:00pm) with a class size of 12.
1. Understand health & safety
2. Introduction to electrical
3. The human body & electricity
4. Use of Lock Out & Tag Out
5. Safe isolation procedure
MODE OF DELIVERY
1. Each trainee will be issued with a comprehensive training manual, as well as, hand tools and power tools required to do all practical tasks.
2. Classroom Presentation - using PowerPoint and Visual Aids.
3. Practical hands on Sessions.
4. Use of audio/videos to demonstrate current industry practices.
5. One-to-one instruction and team-building exercises in groups.
6. Discussion and feedback from participants during each topic forms an important element of the learning process.
On successful completion of this course each trainee will have a comprehensive understanding of the following:
1. Electrical Safety.
2. Why and when to use Lock Out & Tag Out.
3. Procedures for applying Lock Out & Tag Out.
This course is assessed through a multiple-choice examination, as well as a competency based practical examination.
On successful completion of this course, learners will receive a certiﬁcate awarded by Etiwa Tech.