About the Role
We see graphic design as visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires. We're looking for a graphic designer who can take concepts and ideas and create visual representations, in both print and electronic media.
As a Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for creating visual concepts and designs that communicate ideas and messages effectively through various media channels. You will work closely with the media & communications officer, program manager, and other members of the media team to develop design concepts and deliver creative solutions that meet the needs of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of current design software and be knowledgeable in every step of the design process, from concept to final deliverable. Collaborating with the departments in the company, the graphic designer should be able to take written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of branding and marketing, and be able to find the right style and layout for every project.
Bachelor's degree in graphic design, art, or related field/ any online certification related to graphic designing
Good skills in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
Familiarity with design principles, typography, and color theory.
Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and take direction from management.
Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to present design concepts effectively.
A strong portfolio of design work that demonstrates creativity, technical skills, and attention to detail.
Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Desire to continue building skill set with education and training
Photography experience and proficiency with photo-editing software is an advantage
- Collaborate with the media & communications officer, program manager, and other members of the media team to develop design concepts and solutions for various projects.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with the media team on a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, programming collateral, signage, internal communications, newsletters, and marketing materials
- Create and edit visual content such as graphics, illustrations, and layouts for print and digital media.
- Ensure all designs are aligned with brand guidelines and project objectives.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop innovative ideas for designs.
- Produce high-quality design work within tight deadlines.
- Present design concepts to the media team, incorporating feedback and making necessary revisions.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining high-quality design standards.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to incorporate into design projects.
- Examine existing processes, identify flaws, and create solutions that improve design capabilities
- Update and maintain internal databases for designs, photography, and video
This role may require occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines. The internship duration will be discussed and agreed upon with the successful applicant.
Closing Date: 26th May, 2023
Submit CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org